Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving


There's nothing better than the week of Thanksgiving. I think I like the holiday more because it's so close to my birth date. I get to celebrate getting old and then be thankful for getting old. How great is that?

I am very excited about this Thanksgiving. My cousin and his family are going to be at my house this year and I am cooking a turkey for maybe the second time in my entire life. I'm planning on making a turkey recipe that I saw on the food network -- done by Sandra Lee (who quite frankly annoys the heck out of me for no other reason than she's the queen of overdone tables).

I'm also making green-bean casserole, cranberry salad (from a recipe passed down from my grandmother to my mother), mashed potatoes, and ham. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but my brain is shot. I spent all of yesterday evening cleaning my over-cluttered house. I am completely and utterly exhausted.
Not that rest is anywhere in my near future... as baking, cooking, peeling, cleaning etc. are on the list of things to do tomorrow. Plus I will have to get up early to get the turkey started 4-6 hours to cook/bake something in the oven good lord, I hope I have enough time and do not over sleep.

I'm not stressed. :)

really.

*collapses in a heap*

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

No comments: