Friday, December 5, 2008

29


I've decided that unless I have a really great title I'm just going to give the darn things numbers.

I wish I would get my pictures uploaded on flickr or something so I could pop them onto this blog instead of having to search all over the Internets for pictures to use to convey my many feelings.

The weather has been logically wintery the last couple of days. We have a bit of wispy snow still on the ground, but the rest has melted away. Either way it's getting bitterly cold and my fingers are not so delightfully frozen. What does all this have to do with anything? Well, quite frankly, nothing.

I didn't really do my lists yesterday. One seems rather like I'm being lazy. So I thought of a few things that I have recently decided to like.

~new likes~
>Pandora Radio
>Cutesy Cupcakes
>randomly found stuffs about vintage clothing patterns
>New Artist - at least newer to me... Corinne Bailey Rae
>gingersnap lattes? still not sure about this one.I decided to splurge today and get something more expensive than three shots of espresso with cream and some flavoring, but hey, this has three shots and milk so either way it's the same just with ginger something flavoring. *shrug* it's not bad, but I wouldn't drink it every day.

~top played itunes songs~
>Dear Chicago - Ryan Adams
played 241 times
>Near to you - A Fine Frenzy
played 229 times
>Bak et Hallelujah - Kaizers Orchestra
played 197 times
>The Stoop - Little Jackie
played 193 times
>Psalms 3 - Salvador
played 186 times.

Now it's a matter of trying to get other songs further up the list so that they'll be in the top 5. it's weird how I can listen to the same song for hours on end. weird I tell you. Something is not right with me.

~books I'm reading~
>Siddhartha - Herman Hesse
>Interview with a vampire - Anne Rice
>The Rights of Man - Thomas Paine
>An Ideal Husband - Oscar Wilde
>The Overcoat - Nikolai Gogol
It is no use to blame the looking glass if your face is awry.
- Nikolai Gogol


for kicks and giggles I recently reread (within 3 days) all of Ann Brashares Sisterhood of the Traveling pants books. They are so poignant and yet I feel cheesy reading tween/almost adult romances. One of the things I really adore about Ann Brashares though is that she uses quotes to begin each chapter. Quotes like
"not all who wander are lost." J.R.R. Tolkien
"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday."
anyway I was reminded of how I love, love, love quotes. I adore a good quote so I am going to share 5 of my favorites.

~five favorite quotes~
>In the beginning, there was nothing, which exploded.
- Terry Pratchett
>I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them.
- Jane Austen
>If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
- Voltaire
>During the Season, father, I only talk seriously on the first Tuesday in every month, from four to seven.
- Oscar Wilde - An Ideal Husband
>I have
Immortal longings in me.
- William Shakespeare

No comments: