Monday, December 15, 2008

33


I finally finished Siddhartha... it's a beautifully written bit of literature, very descriptive and sometimes poetic in nature. Reading this book has made me think about my own life -- how much time I waste everyday, not noticing the millions of amazing things around me. How I pay no mind to other people and their stories. How I've hardened my persona against feelings of warmth and goodwill towards humanity. Honestly it made me regret that I am not a better person, a more devoted person, a kinder person. Eh, I think I shall dedicate this new year, 2009, though it is not a resolution -- just a dedication to make myself friendlier, more open, more accepting, and less like the Grinch that I am.

eeehehee

The Grinch: The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - and on such short notice. Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it. Four o'clock, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one. 5:30, jazzercize. 6:30, dinner with me. I can't cancel that again. 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing; I'm booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9 I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?

One really must love Dr. Seuss, he is rather amazing.

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
- Dr Seuss


moving right along --->


I love to read through the Blogs of Note -- they recently added this blog. it's very prithiful. She is very artistic and talented.


ugh.. I have found myself completely caught in the web of despair. I think I want to gift these shirts to my family. I've been browsing their website for the past 15 min. or so.

No comments: