Wednesday, February 25, 2009

49


it's that day again. strangely enough I haven't finished last weeks post. My brain has been on overload. I've been up before my time for a few days, this week and last week, which throws me out of loop. I get discombobulated.

So, two days in a row I've been up at 4:45am to get ready for work and run my youngest brother to his job which is almost 70 blocks away from mine in morning work traffic. It's a pain, but I don't mind really... except the getting up early. it kills me. I feel drained all day. Thankfully this morning he took me out to breakfast so I started the day with some nutrients and such.

It was funny -- we went to IHOP for breakfast and on our way into the parking lot we followed a truck and a guy gets out and goes in. He knows the waitress real well so he converses with her for a minute, orders his food, asks for quarters, buys and reads the newspaper. My bro and I pore over the menu and finally decide to get the new breakfast hashbrowns, which turn out to be yummy, drink our coffee and talk about life. The guy who came in before us finishes eating and leaves, but on the way out the door says to the waitress "I'll see you tomorrow."
I'd love to have a place that I frequent often enough that I know everyone and it's like family. I like that feeling of familiarity. I guess the reason I'm thinking on this so much is I am not feeling at home here in my city and I love going to small town diners and watching the locals, usually older gentlemen, bs with each other over their morning coffee. It is something to be commended. It makes me think of the old days.
Will we as young people carry on this tradition? Will we be so caught up in our own lives that we forget to share with others? I hope not. I hope I'm not so focused on me that I cannot make lasting friendships with my fellow breakfast eaters over a cup of jo'. (I rarely eat breakfast, never up early enough, though. heh.)
Either way, I want the tradition to last.

that being said here's to all things wonderful

~awesome outfits~
from modcloth
>Calendar Girl
>Buenos Aires
>Anna Karenina I love the Russian design on this dress.
>American Bandstand
>The Emma Dress

~oh my gosh so cute~
>remember ring
>shake your hair feather
>rose colored tights
>Owl drop necklace
>Birds on a wire

~jam tunes~
>Fire it up - Modest Mouse
>Dangerous - Kardinal Offishall
>Time to Pretend - MGMT
>That's not my name - The Ting Tings
>Foundations - Kate Nash

No comments: