Monday, September 15, 2008

my favorite four letter word



FREE!

there is nothing better than getting something you've wanted, for free. I mean the excitement is uncontainable.

Friday night I go to Starbucks to get coffee. Now I've been contemplating buying a french press for awhile now. Mostly because I think they are adorable and I'd be able to make a small amount of coffee for myself. The one I really wanted was about $40.00 and made approximately 8 cups. 10 times more coffee than I should ever drink for sure. I would be like Tigger bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!!

So, I'm deciding on a smaller less fancy plastic model when I look over and see my little beauty staring at me from the clearance shelf. It was so beautiful it took my breathe away.

I get it up to the counter and I'm asking the barista what sort of coffee I should buy as I usually just drink coffee from a coffee shop. I don't buy, grind, brew my own. While I'm asking her this she's trying to ring up my little find and is having some difficulty. She finally looks up as says "I guess you get this for free." I'm stunned. I stand there staring at her like she's from another planet and eeep out "free?!"
"yes, free. It won't ring up so you get it for free."
"really? Free?!"
"yes, really. You get it for free."
"this isn't a joke? I get it for free?"
"yes."
"EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!" -- pink bunny moment
in the meantime my brother is standing to the side going "damn, I feel like I just lost the lottery. I feel like I just missed out on a golden opportunity."
me: EEEEEEEEE!!! free!!!

n-e-who. so, what sort of roast should I buy?

I am now a bean grinding, brewing, coffee drinkin' machine. I don't think I've come down from my "free" high in the past 5 days.

No comments: